Founded in the late 90’s during the dot-com boom, our client is one of the trailblazers of online beauty. Having grown with the expansion of the internet and eCommerce, they are now a retailer of beauty lovers favourites such as CeraVe, Estee Lauder, Olaplex, and The Ordinary. The retailer also provides hair care and wellness products in addition to beauty, following a mantra to share their beauty obsessions with the world.
With over 12,000 products on offer and new items appearing every week, our client seeks to provide its customers with the latest up-and-coming products to try before anyone else. By offering so much variety and choice, it is driven to be the destination for the world of beauty.
• Brexit – ensuring a seamless continuation of service to customers in advance of the transition
• IOSS transition - understanding how this functions and how to remain compliant
• Accessing the best services across the world with high levels of transparency and reliability
• Monitoring delivery performance
A delivery duties paid (DDP) solution was created prior to Brexit, putting an optimal solution in place that remained unaffected once Brexit came into effect. MHI offered a customised and tailored tariff to suit the needs of the client, with the flexibility to switch to a DDU service as and when they liked.
In addition to the support provided pre and post-Brexit, MHI guided the retailer through preparing for the implementation of IOSS. Dedicated to working tirelessly to overcome any issues, MHI supported the client in achieving compliance.
Frequent meetings were established, forming a strong line of communication. This enabled the overall performance and KPI’s to be tracked meticulously, guaranteeing that the client’s needs were met.
MHI takes a consultative approach with its clients, therefore not only were challenges solved, but new routes and opportunities for growth were highlighted.
A large suite of customised reports were created for the client. These included weekly cross-channel transit summaries, processing statistics, error reporting and performance statistics per key markets chosen by the retailer.
• A strong client-partner relationship has been established, where open dialogue is encouraged to optimise performance and meet client needs
• A bespoke solution that is reliable, transparent and agile
• Access to destinations requested by the client and suggested by MHI through a consultative approach
• Brexit/IOSS compliance
• Technical support in addition to bespoke weekly reporting and monitoring assistance
• Facilitation of client business growth
“(We) have been using MHI to handle our postal and tracked international mail services for a number of years. During this time together, our cross-border output has grown immensely and MHI have been able to handle our growth and change in requirements, in both routing options and the service level, including their back-office data that has helped our Customer Service team keep customers satisfied and informed.”
Since 2011, our client has specialised in offering value to the eCommerce beauty industry. The retailer stocks a variety of products spanning the entirety of the industry from luxury products to everyday essentials. Brands within this range include Burberry, Dior, Clinique, L’Oreal, and Maybelline to name but a few. The retailer maintains a start-up mentality, committed to establishing sales on a global scale.
Due to its roots, the retailer has a high interest in accessing the far eastern market. In particular, China is a destination it hopes to access with the aim to offer quality products to a market notoriously hard to infiltrate.
Moreover, our client seeks to provide options to its customers in shipping, product type, and price point. It stocks over 10,000 products and places an emphasis on providing a personal service. With a forward-thinking approach to the industry, the retailer hopes to deliver the latest world-renowned brands and products to customers globally.
• Rising costs from the clients incumbent, challenging the value provided to end customers
• The client experienced significant growth in the EU market, therefore requiring IOSS compliance
• Secure API integration
Through understanding the needs of the client it was apparent that price was a clear driver. MHI provided a cost-effective solution into the EU that didn’t compromise on service.
Additional solutions were proposed for accessing new markets such as China and for improved service to the USA.
Access was provided to MHI’s delivery platform, Nexae, which facilitates the sending of smaller volumes. From this platform, the client can control shipping, print labels, track shipments and remain in control using its own online dashboard to send parcels.
IOSS support was additionally provided, allowing for quick lead times to be maintained through a blend of fully tracked, quality services.
• Achieved key performance deliverables into the EU - MHI now delivers the majority of the clients’ EU volume
• Reduction in client customer service queries and complaints due to MHI’s tracked services
• Fully functioning API was created
• Strong communication was formed with future opportunities on the horizon for accessing new destinations
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form. Please ensure you have filled in all the necessary fields.
+44 (0) 117 977 6655
82 Feeder Road